National Donate Life Month
Observed in April each year, National Donate Life Month helps to encourage Americans to register as organ, eye and tissue donors and to honor those that have saved lives through the gift of donation.
National Donate Life Month and COVID-19
The increased risk in our area associated with coronavirus has greatly impacted our day-to-day lives. Our concern is first and foremost for the health and well-being of our community, volunteers, transplant recipients and donor families. If you are scheduled to volunteer or participate in any Gift of Life Donor Program events this month, please note that we are suspending all in-person events and programs through at least April 30.
Gift of Life will be joining Donate Life America in taking an online approach for April Donate Life Month observances. We encourage you to participate in National Donate Life Month digitally! Please join us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as we honor donors, donor families and caregivers, recipients, registered donors, clinical teams, and those waiting for a second chance at life.
Ways to Get Involved:
There are many ways you can help to raise awareness for organ and tissue donation from the comfort and safety of your home.
- Share your story!
- Use #NDLM2020: Share your unique donation/transplant story with the world by using #NDLM2020. This year’s NDLM is very different from years past. Share your day-to-day best practices for social distancing and also promote organ & tissue donation awareness by using the hashtags #HighRiskCovid19 and #NDLM2020
- Share Gift of Life’s Facebook Posts
- Throughout this time, Gift of Life will be sharing resources and articles tailored for the donation and transplant community. Please use our posts as resources to remain informed and share with your family and friends on your own social media. Links to our social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Add a NDLM Facebook Frame to Your Profile Picture
- Help support National Donate Life month by adding a Facebook Frame to your profile pic! Facebook makes it easy to overlay on top of your picture. Access the frames here.
- Share Your Donor Dash memories with us!
- We are all sad that the 2020 Dash is postponed, but we’d still love for you to share your favorite Donor Dash memories with us until we can all be together again! Memories can be submitted here! Use #Dash25 to connect with others on Donor Dash and what it means to you.
- Put out your Gift of Life lawn sign and share a pic!
- Have a Gift of Life lawn sign? Put it in front of your house to raise awareness and post a picture with it. Tell us what donation means to you and use #savelivesathome!
- Participate in National Blue & Green Day on April 17!
- During National Donate Life Blue & Green Day, the public is encouraged to wear blue and green and to engage in sharing the Donate Life message and promoting the importance of organ and tissue donor awareness. Dress up in your favorite blue and green gear and share your photos using #BlueGreenDay. We will be looking for the most creative photos to share throughout the day, so don’t forget to tag @donors1!
- Every year, Donate Life America hosts a Blue & Green Day Photo Contest. Click here to learn more about how to enter.