National Donate Life Month
Observed in April each year, National Donate Life Month helps to encourage Americans to register as organ, eye and tissue donors and to honor those that have saved lives through the gift of donation.
National Donate Life Month and COVID-19
The increased risk in our area associated with coronavirus has greatly impacted our day-to-day lives. Our concern is first and foremost for the health and well-being of our community, volunteers, transplant recipients and donor families. In order to protect our community, we have suspended all in-person events and programs until further notice.
Gift of Life will be joining Donate Life America in taking an online approach for April Donate Life Month observances. We encourage you to participate in National Donate Life Month digitally! Please join us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as we honor donors, donor families and caregivers, recipients, registered donors, clinical teams, and those waiting for a second chance at life.
Ways to Get Involved:
There are many ways you can help to raise awareness for organ and tissue donation from the comfort and safety of your home.
- Share your story!
- Use #NDLM2021: Share your unique donation/transplant story with the world by using #NDLM2021.
- Access additional resources and downloadable graphics from Donate Life America here!
- Share Gift of Life’s Facebook Posts
- Throughout this time, Gift of Life will be sharing resources and articles tailored for the donation and transplant community. Please use our posts as resources to remain informed and share with your family and friends on your own social media. Links to our social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Add a NDLM Facebook Frame to Your Profile Picture
- Help support National Donate Life month by adding a Facebook Frame to your profile pic! Facebook makes it easy to overlay on top of your picture. Access the frames here.
- Dash From Home and Share Your Donor Dash memories with us!
- Have fun, save lives and be part of Gift of Life’s biggest virtual event of the year as we invite everyone to Dash From Home during National Donate Life Month! Submit your favorite Dash memories here and use #DashFromHome to connect with others on your own social media platforms. Learn more about Dash From Home here!
- Put out your Gift of Life lawn sign and share a pic!
- Have a Gift of Life lawn sign? Put it in front of your house to raise awareness and post a picture with it. Tell us what donation means to you and use #savelivesathome!
- Participate in National Blue & Green Day on April 16!
- During National Donate Life Blue & Green Day, the public is encouraged to wear blue and green and to engage in sharing the Donate Life message and promoting the importance of organ and tissue donor awareness. Dress up in your favorite blue and green gear and share your photos using #BlueGreenDay. We will be looking for the most creative photos to share throughout the day, so don’t forget to tag @donors1! Click here to learn more on Blue & Green Day and access downloadable resources from Donate Life America.
- Every year, Donate Life America hosts a Blue & Green Day Photo Contest. Click here to learn more about how to enter.
- Join Donors Are Heroes’ Virtual THE Party!
- Donors are Heroes annual event, THE Party, is a lively fundraiser supporting programs that raise awareness about organ and tissue donation. This year, THE Party will be held virtually on April 29, 2021 from 7-8 PM. CLICK HERE for more information.