National Donate Life Month
Observed in April each year, National Donate Life Month helps to encourage Americans to register as organ, eye and tissue donors and to honor those that have saved lives through the gift of donation.
National Donate Life Month is a special time to celebrate the power of organ and tissue donation, honor our heroic donors and donor families and spread awareness of our life-saving mission. There are lots of ways to get involved both in person and virtually. Join us today and help save lives.
Ways to Get Involved:
There are many ways you can help to raise awareness for organ and tissue donation.
- Share the power of organ donation on social media!
- Post on Social Media: Download sample posts to get started
- Download and share 15 and 30-second videos highlighting transplant recipients and generous donor families.
- Tag @donors1: Share your unique donation/transplant story with the world and make sure to tag @donors1 so we can like and reshare your story!
- Access additional social media resources and downloadable graphics from Donate Life America!
- Share Gift of Life’s Social Media Posts
- Throughout this time, Gift of Life will be sharing resources and articles tailored for the donation and transplant community. Please use our posts as resources to remain informed and share with your family and friends on your own social media. Links to our social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Take Part in the 26th Annual Gift of Life Donor Dash!
- Join the Donate Life Month Challenge!
- Put out your Gift of Life lawn sign and share a pic!
- Have a Gift of Life lawn sign? Put it in front of your house to raise awareness and post a picture with it. Tell us what donation means to you and tag @donors1.
- Participate in National Blue & Green Day on April 14!
- During National Donate Life Blue & Green Day, the public is encouraged to wear blue and green and to engage in sharing the Donate Life message and promoting the importance of organ and tissue donor awareness. Dress up in your favorite blue and green gear and share your photos using #BlueGreenDay. We will be looking for the most creative photos to share throughout the day, so don’t forget to tag @donors1! Click here to learn more on Blue & Green Day and access downloadable resources from Donate Life America.
- Register as an organ donor!
- It takes less than a minute! Sign up to heal and save lives today!
One Family: Many Gifts
Our featured story for National Donate Life Month this year highlights liver recipient Rafiah Cheeks and his family’s connection to donation. Rafiah received his life-saving transplant as a toddler and lives a healthy life today, participating in the bi-annual Donate Life Transplant Games of America. When Rafiah’s mother passed away, she became a donor hero who transformed the lives of strangers through precious gifts of corneas and tissue. Rafiah and his family supported her decision. They knew that’s what she wanted after seeing how donation saved her son’s life. Watch their story below!