View the latest coverage on Gift of Life Donor Program and our outreach efforts to raise awareness for organ and tissue donation. Media inquires welcome.
Gift of Life welcomes media inquiries to help us educate the public about organ, eye and tissue donation and to encourage people to register to be donors.
We are available 24/7 to answer media questions.
Please contact us for expert comment and thought-leadership perspectives on organ and tissue donation and transplantation. We can also connect you to people in your community who can share inspiring real-life stories about organ and tissue donation. This includes transplant recipients, donor family members, people on the transplant wait list, living donors and others.
Karen Muldoon Geus
Gift of Life Information:
- Gift of Life Video – An introduction video to Gift of Life Donor Program.
- Overview – Gift of Life Donor Program is the nation’s leading organ procurement organization coordinating more organ and tissue donors than anywhere else in the United States.
- Fact Sheet – An up-to-date guide to Gift of Life and organ and tissue donation.
- Our Impact 2021 – A PDF version of Gift of Life’s 2021 End of Year results.
- Leadership – Meet the team of skilled leaders has allowed Gift of Life Donor Program to coordinate more organ donors than anywhere else in the world.
Gift of Life News:
- Press Releases – View the latest press releases issued to the media detailing events and new information about Gift of Life.
- Media Coverage – The most powerful way to communicate the power of organ and tissue donation is through the stories of those forever changed by it. Take a look at Gift of Life In the News here.
- Newsletters – Stay in the loop with Gift of Life by signing up for our eNews or print newsletter.
Gift of Life Programs:
- Donor Dash – Each April Gift of Life hosts the Donor Dash in celebration of the life-saving power of organ and tissue donation and to honor the donors who make it possible. Learn more about the Donor Dash here.
- Team Philly: Transplant Games of America – Team Philly is a group of transplant recipients, living donors, donor families, and supporters who attend and compete at the bi-annual Donate Life Transplant Games. Learn more about Team Philly here.
- Camp Jeremy – A week-long summer day camp that brings together children who have undergone a life-saving transplant, and their siblings, for a week of fun and friendship.
- Community Outreach – Gift of Life works with a number of community groups to raise awareness for organ and tissue donation throughout the region. Learn more about our Community Outreach programs here.
Organ Donation and Registration:
- 10 Reasons to Say Yes to Organ Donation – Organ donors save lives. Learn of 10 reasons to say yes and how that decision saved lives here.
- 10 Reasons to Say Yes to Organ Donation (Spanish Translation) – Organ donors save lives. Learn of 10 reasons to say yes and how that decision saved lives here.
- Statistics – How many people are waiting for a transplant? Who receives organs and what organs are most needed? This section introduces you to the data and connects you to more detailed statistics on the waiting list, transplantation, organ donation, and registration.
- Organ Donation and Transplantation: How it Works – Gift of Life coordinates the recovery of organs and tissues for transplant. The complex organ and tissue donation and transplant process involves collaborating with highly skilled medical professionals at many different levels. Learn more about the process here.
- Donation Process – Organ donation is the process of giving an organ or a part of an organ, at the time of the donor’s death, for the purpose of transplantation to another person. This infographic produced by Donate Life America explains the process.
- Myths and Misconceptions – Sometimes, myths and misperceptions about organ, eye, and tissue donation can prevent someone
from signing up. You can help bust the myths about organ donation—and help save lives—by learning and sharing
Videos and Stories
- Religion and Organ Donation – Hear from transplant recipients and donor families about how faith guided them through their donation/transplant journey.
- “It Took a Simple Yes to Save Their Lives”: Markita’s Story – When Markita said yes to organ donation, she found comfort knowing that her son Marquis would give others a second chance at life.
- Two Families, Two Faiths: Joined by Ryan’s Life-Saving Legacy: Carol and Kareem’s Story – After tragedy brought them together, Carol and Kareem realized they shared a special bond through their faith and the life-saving legacy of organ donation.
- Sprinting Ahead After Transplant: Onyi’s Story – Onyi Kenine received a life-saving liver transplant as an infant and it has never held her back from living a normal, healthy life. Her donor is always in her mind as she lives the best life she can.
- Life After Loss: Anthony’s Story – Donor Mom, Melanie Penna, shares the story of her son Anthony, who in his passing gave the gift of life to others. His legacy lives on in the hearts of those who loved him and now even those who never knew him.
- The Transformative Power of Tissue Donation: Carrie’s Story – After being diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder, Carrie received the gift of donated tendon grafts in her shoulders that allowed her to live a normal life.
- The Heart of a Champion: Derek’s Story – Derek Fitzgerald is the first cancer survivor and heart transplant recipient to complete a full Ironman competition. He gives all praise to the hero organ donor who saved his life.
- Stories – The gift of organ and tissue donation can change someone’s life and rewrite their story. Here, donor families, transplant recipients and others share inspiring stories about how donation and transplant transforms lives.