Donor Recognition Display
Gift of Life Donor Recognition Displays are sent to families who authorize donation who wish to display recognition of their loved one's donation at funeral or memorial services.
Beginning in the summer of 2011, Gift of Life Donor Program began offering every family who has the opportunity to say ‘yes’ to donation the option of having a personalized funeral recognition display for their loved one.
The package includes:
- A personalized certificate honoring the donor for their support of donation inserted in a custom made leatherette holder embossed with the Gift of Life Donor Medal.
- The Next Place by Warren Hanson which is a non-religious message about hope and compassion after the death of a loved one.
- Donate Life/Done Vida green bracelets and a basket for display.
- Donate Life lapel pins for the immediate family.
- Additional Donate Life brochures and materials highlighting adding donor designation to a driver’s license.
All families who authorize donation are offered this package in recognition of their loved one’s choice to save and heal lives through organ and tissue donation. Gift of Life works to accommodate all families in the time frame they have planned for funeral arrangements and the display will get to most families in our region the next day.