Gift of Life Family House
Learn more about the Gift of Life Family House, a “home away from home" for transplant patients and their families.
Gift of Life Family House is a “home away from home” for transplant patients and their families. It provides temporary living and support services to people who travel to Philadelphia to receive transplant care.
The Family House serves families of patients being evaluated for transplant; families of hospitalized patients awaiting and undergoing transplant; transplant recipients returning for follow-up care on an outpatient basis; living donors and their families.
Services and amenities provided at Family House include:
- Comfortable and affordable lodging in a warm, friendly atmosphere
- Private bedrooms
- Complimentary, home-cooked meals
- Facilities for cooking, laundry and recreation
- Quiet areas for when a family or individual needs privacy
- Emotional support, provided by other families at the facility that are undergoing the transplant journey, as well as from staff, including social workers and volunteers
- Transportation to and from hospitals
For more details visit Gift of Life Family House website.
Make a difference in the lives of transplant patients and families by volunteering for Gift of Life Family House. You can support the facility in a variety of ways:
- Home Cook Heroes: Many transplant families don’t have the time or money to grocery shop and prepare a meal after a long day at the hospital. The Home Cook Heroes program fills the gap by cooking fresh meals, on or off-site, that are served daily for Family House guests.
- House Happenings program: Help lift spirits and create a sense fun for transplant patients and their families by leading activities such arts and crafts, games, dance and group exercise.
- Host a fundraiser: From golf outings to bake sales to car washes, there are many ways to fundraise for the Family House. Feel free to be creative!
- Shuttle driver: Help us provide free transportation to our guests by driving them to and from local hospitals. It is a great way to interact with transplant families and relieve some of their stress.
For more information on these and other volunteer opportunities visit the Family House website.