HAP Campaign Resources
Please find 2023 HAP Campaign downloadable materials below!
Thanks to the more than 100 Pennsylvania hospitals who participated in HAP’s 2022 Donate Life Hospital Challenge!
Learn more about the annual campaign and top performing hospitals.
The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) has partnered with the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the two organ procurement organizations (OPOs) serving Pennsylvania—the Gift of Life Donor Program and Center for Organ Recovery & Education — to support HAP’s 2023 Donate Life Hospital Challenge.
Here’s how it works:
- Hospital teams record clinical and community education events on a customized scorecard to capture activities for improving the clinical process and increasing donor designations.
- Hospitals will be acknowledged for their efforts by HAP and the OPOs for achieving Titanium, Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze awards.
- Hospital leaders are asked to designate an individual to serve as your primary hospital contact as well as another individual to serve as your secondary hospital contact. Your designated primary hospital contact will be the point of contact for your hospital and HAP Challenge Team.
- Please share communications from your designated hospital contact with your team members, including invitations to register for the 2023 kickoff webinar.
- The individual serving as your secondary hospital contact will also receive all communications to ensure that your hospital team is kept informed.
Challenge runs from April 1 through April 30, 2023.
Images and Video Clips:
Available images include high-res versions of infographics, web banners, screensaver, and posters.
All images in original sizes can be downloaded here.
Video clips for social posts and other short video needs can be downloaded here. Scroll to the bottom of the page for longer, featured video content.
Press Release Template:
Social Media Posts:
Our featured story for this year’s HAP Campaign highlights liver recipient Rafiah Cheeks and his family’s connection to donation. Rafiah received his life-saving transplant as a toddler and lives a healthy life today, participating in the bi-annual Donate Life Transplant Games of America. When Rafiah’s mother passed away, she became a donor hero who transformed the lives of strangers through precious gifts of corneas and tissue. Rafiah and his family supported her decision. They knew that’s what she wanted after seeing how donation saved her son’s life. Watch their story.
Gift of Life Video – An introduction video to Gift of Life Donor Program.
“It Took a Simple Yes to Save Their Lives”: Markita’s Story – When Markita said yes to organ donation, she found comfort knowing that her son Marquis would give others a second chance at life.
The Transformative Power of Tissue Donation: Carrie’s Story – After being diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder, Carrie received the gift of donated tendon grafts in her shoulders that allowed her to live a normal life.
The Heart of a Champion: Derek’s Story – Derek Fitzgerald is the first cancer survivor and heart transplant recipient to complete a full Ironman competition. He gives all praise to the hero organ donor who saved his life.