Mission and Core Values
Gift of Life Donor Program's culture of success is tied directly to our mission: saving lives.
- Improve the quality of life of patients awaiting transplantation by maximizing the availability of donor organs and tissues while upholding the highest medical, legal, ethical, and fiscal standards;
- Work in partnership with the region’s hospitals and healthcare professionals to ensure that the family of each potential donor is offered the option of donation in a sensitive and caring manner;
- Provide educational programs and materials to positively predispose all members of the community to organ and tissue donation so that the donation is viewed as a fundamental human responsibility;
- Serve as a community resource by providing support for families of donors as well as transplant recipients and their families, and;
- Serve as a leader in the advancement of organ and tissue donation and transplantation.
Employees of Gift of Life Donor Program strive daily to integrate the following core values in their professional life:
- Professional Integrity: Build trust, admit mistakes and act honorably in carrying out all professional responsibilities;
- Expertise/Knowledge: Demonstrate job knowledge and continually seek new information to advance the Gift of Life Donor Program mission;
- Excellence: Achieve the best possible results in every situation;
- Commitment: Demonstrate through actions a strong desire to do everything possible to help Gift of Life succeed in its mission and goals;
- Compassion: Demonstrates appreciation and respect for the perspectives of others and responds appropriately;
- Teamwork: Effectively collaborate with others internally and externally to achieve common goals, and;
- Advocacy: Act in strong support of donation and transplantation and represent/promote the mission effectively.