Wrapped in Hugs Program
Our Wrapped in Hugs program ensures that every donor family attending our Life and Legacy Celebration receives a hand-knit or crocheted wrap.
Our Wrapped in Hugs program ensures that every donor family attending our Life and Legacy Celebration receives a hand-knit or crocheted wrap. These wraps symbolize our commitment to helping our donor families feel “wrapped” in gratitude and love, and to honor the gift their loved one has given another.
Volunteers throughout the region create these beautiful, unique wraps. We are currently looking for volunteers to:
- Create hand knit or crocheted wraps
- Donate skeins of yarn
- Share this project with friends and family who knit or crochet
- Use any rectangular pattern you like or select from sample patterns below.
- Use machine washable/non-irritant yarn (i.e. cotton).
- Approximate size should be 30” wide by 60” in length. Rectangular shapes only please. Because these wraps are handed out to multiple families at one time, we want them to be a consistent size.
- Any color or any mixture of color yarn is accepted.
- No tassels or fringe please.
When you’ve finished a wrap, please send the wrap to:
Gift of Life Donor Program
Family Support Services
401 N. 3rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123
Please include your full name and address with the wrap so we can acknowledge receipt of your beautiful wrap.
Need inspiration? Here are some patterns to get you started!
*Please note that some of these patterns are larger than the suggested size. Adjust your knitting or crocheting accordingly.