Transplant Foundation Grant Program
We are pleased to announce that in furtherance of its commitment to advance donation and transplantation practices, Transplant Foundation, the 501(c)(3) organization that supports the mission of Gift of Life Donor Program, has earmarked funds to initiate a Grant Program to fund Innovative Research in Support of Donation and Transplantation.
This exciting opportunity will fund those selected individual projects (up to $25,000) that support innovation, quality and safety in the field of donation and transplantation through scientific research, social and behavioral interventions or alternate approaches to existing processes and protocols. Funded projects should positively impact organ and tissue donation and transplantation in this region. Examples of projects that would be considered include:
- Evaluations of clinical interventions to increase organ procurement and organ utilization, positively impact transplant outcomes and extend graft survival (deceased and living)
- Projects designed to advance the quality and safety of transplantable organs and tissue
- Projects focused on emerging specialties in the delivery of donation and transplantation services
- Projects designed to evaluate initiatives to increase quality and promote cost effectiveness in the donation and transplantation field
- Pilot projects employing innovative messaging or outreach to increase donor designation rates
- Social and behavioral interventions to increase public commitment to organ and tissue donation and enrollment in a state registry
- Pilot projects with evaluative measures designed to address burdens faced by transplant recipients and their families (no direct funding of prescription drugs or medications)
Grant applications will be accepted for review according to a published schedule. The deadline for the current cycle of applications and budget submissions is February 1, 2017. Eligible applicants must be within the Gift of Life donation service area – the eastern half of PA, southern NJ and DE – and be able to complete their project within one year. Transplant Foundation will also be accepting grant applications in June and October 2017.
To apply for a Transplant Foundation Grant, please complete the application below and submit it with all required supplemental materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please note, the application form and submission dates have changed.)
Foundation Grant Application - 2017 - 205.3KB
Giving Life a Second Chance
Since 1974, Gift of Life Donor Program has helped hundreds of thousands of patients through organ and tissue donation.
Lodging and Support
Thousands of patients come to Philadelphia hospitals every year needing life-saving organ transplants. Family House will provide critically needed support programs and temporary lodging for organ transplant patients and their families.
Gift of Life Institute
Training for Donation Professionals
Gift of Life Institute is an international training center for donation professionals offering comprehensive resources for skill-based learning, continuing education, collaborative research, and consulting services. Learn more >>
Joe thought his days of playing soccer were over when he was diagnosed with heart disease and needed a life-saving heart transplant to survive. Now, at 18, he is back on the field and living up to his nickname "The Blur" all thanks to his hero, an organ donor.