Organ and Tissue Donation Resources for Hospitals
Gift of Life partners with hospitals to educate staff about best practices for the donation process and making them donation champions among their own peers.
The Hospital Services department at Gift of Life works with healthcare professionals at the 150 hospitals throughout the service region to ensure a greater understanding of organ and tissue donation, and the importance it serves in saving and enhancing lives.
Gift of Life partners with hospitals to educate staff about best practices for the donation process and making them donation champions among their own peers. That collaborative approach ensures that the donation process is not just understood, but embraced – and this proves to help ensure every family is given the option of donation, and that each potential opportunity becomes a reality.
We welcome the opportunity to partner with your healthcare team and share data and outcomes on donation opportunities. Other support we provide includes:
- Referral and organ donation conversion rates
- Resources for development of policies and protocols
- Information to assist with The Joint Commission accreditation and PA, NJ or DE departments of health reviews
To obtain more information, please contact Gift of Life Donor Program's Hospital Services department . You will then be connected with the HS Coordinator for your hospital who can provide you with this information.
Allison Baldwin, Administrative Assistant
Gift of Life Hospital Services
Phone: 800-DONORS-1, ext. 1212
Best Practices in Donor Referral and Management
Resources for healthcare professionals include:
• United Network for Organ Sharing
• Health Care Finance Administration
• The Joint Commission
• American Society of Transplant Surgeons
• American Medical Association-Organ and Tissue Donation
• MedEm Medical Library-Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplantation
Gift of Life Institute
Training for Transplant and Donation Professionals
Gift of Life Institute is an international training center for donation professionals offering comprehensive resources for skill-based learning, continuing education, collaborative research, and consulting services. Learn more >>