Join us for the 14th Annual Jessie's Day "Give the Gift of Scholarship" event on Sunday, Sept. 25 at the Independence Seaport Museum! Tickets now on sale! Click HERE to purchase!
On Sunday, 9/25 from 1-4 PM at the Independence Seaport Museum,Jessie's Day - Give the Gift of Scholarship (in partnership with Gift of Life), will hold its 14th Annual fundraiser. Jessica Beth Schwartz dreamed of graduating college, but she didn't make it due to complications from a heart transplant. Each year 4 local college-bound organ transplant recipients receive scholarships in her honor.
This year's event will be a terrific with a "Taste of Philly, an appearance by DJ Casey from radio station Q102, music, a silent auction, magician, and lots for the family.
- The Blue Duck - soon to open a second location in Washington Square - The Blue Duck proves itself in crafting delicious dishes that offer a playful twist on traditional classics.
- Sweet Nectar - famous for their desserts - the owner, Robin Broughton-Smith, was J-Z’s accountant before becoming a baker;
- Additional food from Pastifico, Samwich by Suppa, Capital Grille, Bourbon Blue, Mr. D’s catering, Georgina’s Mexican Cuisine, Karla’s Kitchen, Bredenbeck’s Bakery, Conshohocken Italian Bakery and more.
- A Beer Garden featuring sips from Yards, Rock Bottom, Conshohocken Brewery and others, as well as other drinks from Tito’s Vodka, Stolen Rum, and wine from Kildare’s.
Other highlights include:
- Special appearance by Radio Host Casey Reed from Q102 with crew, doing give-aways and games;
- Additional music by Local DJ A-Run
- There will be a Silent auction featuring a large array of items including:
- An original artwork, created on-site, by free-style graffiti artist Alloysius Mcilwane;
- An Instyle Magazine autographed by Scandal’s Star Kerry Washington as well as a customized gift just for Jessie’s Day;
- A 2016 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue autographed by Ashley Graham;
- A Lagos bracelet valued at $795;
- A fully loaded tailgate to a 2017 Phillies game from PhanCave valued at $2,000;
- Family activities including:
- Face Painting by Pixie Blue;
- A Magician;
- Entertainment by Jan and John Haigis – Past Times Present ( Songs and Stories )
- Free entrance to the museum
Tickets are $55 for adults and $30 for students with I.D. To purchase tickets, click here. Tickets will also be available at the door.
This event honors the late Jessica Beth Schwartz, who received a heart transplant when she was just 14 years old. This life-saving operation gave her eight and a half additional years of life, and she lived them to the fullest.
Jessica went on to graduate from Harcum Jr. College and then continued studies at Temple University before she passed away at age 23. To honor her memory, over the last 14 years, college-bound pediatric transplant recipients are granted the Gift of Scholarship to help them achieve their dreams of attaining higher education.
Jessie's Day 2016 Press Release - 2.0MB
2016 Jessie's Day Sponsorship - 240.5KB
Additionally, if you would like to donate an item for the silent auction please contact Laura Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
The goal of Jessie's Day is to provide survivors of pediatric organ transplants the resources they need to go to college. Click hereto make a donation.
In The News
“The nurses helped ease my pain and took my mind off of things. The scholarship is such an honor to be able to do what I want and to pursue my dream of nursing. Not a lot of freshmen are excited about coming to school but I am really excited about it and to get into nursing. Once I went through everything, I knew that’s what I wanted to do,” Leanne Purcell.
The Jessie’s Day Dream Team believes that health is the greatest gift and education is the greatest wealth. Memorializing the life and legacy of Jessica Beth Schwartz, the annual event raises generous donations to provide pediatric transplant recipients with college scholarships. Our goal is to help transplant recipient students thrive and pursue their dreams of higher education.
You can make a donation to Jessies's Day HERE.
Tickets will be available for purchase in August 2016.
Meet the 2015 Jessica Beth Schwartz Scholarship Winners
About Jessie and the Scholarship:
In the past 14 years, the Jessica Beth Schwartz Scholarship Fund has given more than $120,000 in college scholarship money to 44 college-bound transplant recipients. This year's event will help even more students who have had organ transplants fulfill their dreams of attending college.
Jessica Beth Schwartz was a heart transplant recipient and Temple journalism student. Her dedication to earning her degree was cut short when at the age of 23, she passed away. In her memory, the Jessica Beth Schwartz Memorial Scholarship Fund was started to award young transplant recipients the opportunity to pursue their dreams of a higher education. All proceeds from Jessie's Day Give the Gift of Scholarship Event support this scholarship.
Find Related Info
Minorities make up 58% of the National Transplant Waiting List. Learn more about how you can save a life.
Lukeman Harvey, currently on the waiting list for a life-saving kidney transplant.
Register to Be a Donor
It’s easy to add the donor designation to your driver's license or state I.D. card. In Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. Sign up today!