Jessica Beth Schwartz Memorial Scholarship Fund
The family and friends of Jessica Beth Schwartz continue to honor her memory with a scholarship fund, available to college-bound transplant recipients. Jessie received a heart transplant, and always stayed focused on her goal of college education, and this fund is meant to support those high school students who share that dream. Funds for the scholarship are raised primarily through the Transplant Foundation and Jessie's Day, an art auction and music celebration held each September. Donations can be made online here.
Jessica Beth Schwartz Scholarship, funded through the Transplant Foundation (the charitable foundation supporting the mission of Gift of Life Donor Program) awards $2,500 yearly to a transplant recipient under the age of 25 who is a senior in high school or enrolled in a 2 or 4 year college, university, or trade/technical school.
To apply, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a solid organ transplant recipient
- Be a senior in high school or presently enrolled in a 2 or 4-year college, university, or trade/technical school
- Reside in Gift of Life region (Eastern half of Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey or Delaware)
- Be under 25 years old
- Use scholarship award for continuing education at accredited college, university, or trade/technical school certificate program during 2012-2013 academic year
- Write a short essay (200 words or less) describing an educational initiative to promote organ and tissue donation and transplantation awareness in high school students
- Provide a personal statement (500 words or less) summarizing their transplant story and extracurricular and/or volunteer activities
- Provide two letters of reference from a non-relative (eg. from Transplant Center)
- Provide current transcript and/or acceptance letter from college, university, or trade/technical school
The 2016 Application is now available below! Due date is April 5, 2016.
2016 Jessica Beth Schwartz Memorial Scholarship Application - 645.0KB
Each September, Jessie's family and friends hold a big fundraiser to help raise money for the scholarship through raffles, door prizes and tickets. Learn more about Jessie's Day.
Photos from the Jessie's Day Celebration fundraiser
Join us July 31!
Please join us for the first-ever Saving Lives is Beautiful Gospel Competition and Program on Sunday, July 31. The event is FREE and will feature gospel singers, spoken word, praise dance and more. Hosted by Praise 103.9's Dezzie and local gospel artist Keturah Duncan. Click the image above to find out more!