Ask an Expert
- Contact Us and ask an expert about organ and tissue donation.
High School Education
Gift of Life Donor Program encourages high school teachers to become involved in sharing information on organ and tissue donation with their students. Here are some great suggestions for engaging students and providing them with the information necessary to make an informed decision about donation
Gift of Life Donor Program encourages high school teachers to become involved in sharing information on organ and tissue donation with their students. Here are some great suggestions for engaging students and providing them with the information necessary to make an informed decision about donation:
Invite guest speakers to visit your class to present educational information and share their personal stories of organ and tissue donation. Gift of Life can provide speakers free of charge.
Incorporate organ donation in your classroom curriculum using one of the curriculum guides.
Download the New Jersey guide here:
New Jersey High School Heroes Classroom Guide - 6.6MB
The classroom guide for use in New Jersey classrooms.
Download the Pennsylvania guide here:
Pennsylvania Classroom Toolkit - 7.3MB
Pennsylvania Classroom Toolkit for Teachers.
Order educational materials for your classroom or organization. Ask about our educational materials and slide shows.
- Use the educational modules offered through the Pennsylvania Organ and Tissue Donor Awareness Project.
Recognize April as National Donate Life Month- an excellent time to raise awareness through holding assemblies, distributing flyers, and having events.
Encourage students needing volunteer hours to contact Gift of Life and offer to spend time working at Gift of Life or the Family House.
Attend our "Spirit for Life" Student Summits, a fun, educational one-day program where students visit Gift of Life and learn about organ and tissue donation. (For Philadelphia high schools only.)
- Apply to our A Donors Are Heroes Grant Program that serves Philadelphia high schools.
- Include information about organ and tissue donation at school health fairs. Gift of Life can provide materials to distribute during these events.
- To schedule a program at your school, or to discuss incorporating any of these programs, please contact the Community Relations department at Gift of Life by calling 800-DONORS-1 or via e-mail.
Register to Be a Donor
It’s easy to add the donor designation to your driver's license or state I.D. card. In Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. Sign up today!
The Interactive Body
Explore the Interactive Body to learn about organs and tissues needed for others awaiting transplants.
How to Volunteer for Gift of Life
Gift of Life needs your help to get the word out and let people know that donation saves lives. Find out how to get involved!