Join Team Philadelphia:
Register to be a part of Team Philadelphia as we compete for the gold!
Awareness Through Facebook
Facebook has partnered with Donate Life America to save lives! In just a couple of easy steps, you can register as an organ, tissue and eye donor, update your Facebook page and share your decision with your family and friends. First, click here to register as an organ, tissue and eye donor on your state registry. Second, follow the steps below to update your Timeline and share your decision with all of your Facebook friends. Go to Timeline, click on ‘Life Event’, select ‘Health and Wellness,” choose ‘Organ Donor’. It’s that easy!
How to share that you are an organ, eye and tissue donor on Facebook:
- Go to your Timeline. (Click your name at the top of your Facebook window).
- Click 'Life Event' at the top of your Timeline.
- Select 'Health and Wellness'
- Select 'Organ Donor'
- Share your personal story. Why did you register as an organ and tissue donor?
- Remember you can always control who you share your donor status with.
- To select who can see your donor status, click on the “Privacy Control.”
- You can make it public or limit it to just a small group of friends or just family.
When you are done:
- Select 'Save.' Your organ donor status will appear both on your Timeline and in your 'About' section.
Other Useful Information:
- If a friend has added their donor status to their Timeline, you may see it in your Newsfeed. You can add your donor status to your Timeline from there by clicking “Share your organ donor status.”
Share this information with everyone you know and remind them to "like" the Donate Life America Facebook page and Gift of Life Donor Program Facebook page, once they've checked their donor status on Facebook or through their state registry, if they have not officially registered in their state.
Helpful Resources and Links
- Facebook Help Center
- Gift of Life Facebook Page
- Gift of Life Twitter Page
- Gift of Life Blog
- Donate Life America Facebook Page
- Donate Life America Twitter Page
Happy Holidays from Gift of Life!
While we celebrate another holiday season, 8,500 of our neighbors are awaiting a life-saving gift... the gift of life. Give the greatest gift of all and register to be an organ, eye, and tissue donor today.