Ask an Expert
- Contact Us and ask an expert about organ and tissue donation.
Clinical Transplant Coordinator (Metro Philadelphia Area)
This is an exceptional opportunity for a clinician who is ready for a career change or already enthusiastic about working in the transplant industry. We are seeking highly skilled, self-motivated individuals who are committed to join our challenging field by helping to save lives through organ and tissue donation. We need people who are both clinically and compassionately competent, who understand the sensitivity, yet clinical urgency of the Organ Transplant program.
The Transplant Coordinator will coordinate the entire organ and tissue donor process including timely on site response, clinical assessment, clinical evaluation and clinical management of the potential donor, as well as interacting with the hospital staff to set-up the family approach process.
This position requires an individual who can:
- Evaluate and coordinate organ and tissue referrals,
- Discuss donation options with family members and obtain consent
- Allocate donated organs,
- Increase donor referrals at local hospitals
- Conduct educational programs and develop relationships with health care leaders.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to:
- Rotate 48-hour call to respond to the referrals of potential organ donors from hospitals within the GLDP service area as indicated by individual hospital needs;
- Evaluate potential organ donors in conjunction with AOC based on current and past medical and social history;
- Obtain or verify that all appropriate consents, clearances, and documentation have been obtained from the donor family, donor hospital, administration, attending physicians, medical examiner/coroner;
- Medically manage (in consultation with the AOC and following established guidelines and protocols)potential organ donors to maintain adequate organ perfusion and oxygenation;
- Function as liaison to the donor hospital, transplant teams, tissue-typing labs, and coordinates all aspects of organ donation;
- Coordinate the sharing and placement of organs and tissues
- Coordinate all transportation arrangements as necessary to facilitate arrival and departure of organ and tissue recovery team; and
- Assure that all organs are appropriately labeled, necessary paperwork is completed and tissue packs are sent to appropriate labs. 50% travel.
Successful candidates will possess:
- At least three years experience in a critical care/trauma, surgical or comparable clinical environment working in the capacity of Registered Nurse or Paramedic.
- Certification in ACLS or PALS or as an EMT-P preferred.
We offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package, including medical, prescription drug and dental insurances, tuition assistance, an employer matched 403(b) savings plan, and a company automobile.
To investigate joining the nations leading procurement organization, please APPLY NOW
We are an equal opportunity employer and support diversity in our workplace.
End of Year PR
Record Year for Gift of Life!
Gift of Life broke two national records for organ donation in 2017. We are so thankful to all donors and donor families who have selflessly given the "gift of life." Read our full statement here.
Register to Be a Donor
It’s easy to add the donor designation to your driver's license or state I.D. card. In Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. Sign up today!
Donor Dash – April 15!
SAVE THE DATE! The 23rd Annual Donor Dash will be SUNDAY, APRIL 15 at the Philadelphia Museum of Art! Registration is now open.
The 2018 Donor Dash will feature 10K and 5K runs, a 3K walk, and a Kids Fun Run. This special event attracts people of all ages, abilities and fitness levels.