Ask an Expert
- Contact Us and ask an expert about organ and tissue donation.
In-House Coordinator Trainee
This is a great opportunity for someone who desires to learn, grow and be a part of the organ & tissue donation, recovery and allocation team. This position offers tremendous growth and rapid advancement potential.
The In House Coordinator Trainee evaluates and triages referrals for the unique opportunity for organ and tissue donation from referring agencies within the GLDP service area.
This position requires an individual who can:
- Coordinate all aspects of the tissue donation process according to FDA, AATB, EBAA regulations and GLDP procedures.
- Place organs for transplant and research following OPTN and GLDP policies.
- Evaluate and coordinate import organ offers for transplant centers serviced by GLDP.
- Communicate all post recovery culture results to eye banks, transplant centers and tissue banks & maintain compliance with all SRTR reporting requirements and chart closure tasks.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to:
- Work seven 12 hour shifts bi-weekly on a rotating basis (night/day shifts) in 8-week intervals on variable days during the week, including every other weekend and every other holiday.
- Advance from Trainee to In House Coordinator within 6 months of hire.
Sucessful candidates will possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in sciences or a health related field (such as Biology, Health Sciences, Public Health or Medical Technology)
- At least one year of experience working in a healthcare role within a hospital, laboratory, emergency medical services or pharmaceutical/medical device company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including medical terminology and understanding of human anatomy.
- Able to establish priorities and respond to rapidly changing situations.
- Detail oriented, have good organizational skills and handle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Proficient in use of computer including demonstrated typing skills and Microsoft Office.
We offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package, including medical, prescription drug, dental and STD/LTD insurances, as well as tuition assistance and an employer matched 403(b) savings plan.
To investigate joining the nation’s leading procurement organization, please APPLY NOW
We are an equal opportunity employer and support diversity in our workplace.
Join Team Philadelphia:
Register to be a part of Team Philadelphia as we compete for the gold!
Register to Be a Donor
It’s easy to add the donor designation to your driver's license or state I.D. card. In Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. Sign up today!
Donor Dash – April 15!
SAVE THE DATE! The 23rd Annual Donor Dash will be SUNDAY, APRIL 15 at the Philadelphia Museum of Art! Registration is now open.
The 2018 Donor Dash will feature 10K and 5K runs, a 3K walk, and a Kids Fun Run. This special event attracts people of all ages, abilities and fitness levels.